The Foundation is the controller of any Personal Data submitted to the Foundation.
- What Personal Data do we gather and how?
The Personal Data is only collected with the user’s informed knowledge (i.e. if the user knowingly provides it through our Digital Media) if he/she wishes to use the features and services being offered. It will usually takes the form of:
- registration or sign-up in our Digital Media: e.g. subscribing to a newsletter that is specific to a Digital Media where applicable or opening the account to become a club member;
- the feature “Send to a friend”;
- sweepstake and contest;
- joining a rewards scheme;
- organization of events (invitation form or online forms);
- interactive devices in the Museum building (e.g. photo booth);
- feedback, questions or comments through the “Contact Us” form;
- any other request that requires the submission of the Personal Data.
The Personal Data collected for the features listed above will vary depending on its type, quantity and a given activity. The requested Personal Data may include: first and last name, e-mail address, residence address and telephone number (business or home). In the case of some activities it may be required to create username or password, or provide additional data such as, among other things, (i) age and date of birth, (ii) gender, (iii) frequency of use, (iv) data about household, lifestyle, centre of vital interest country or (v) other essential information.
- How and why do we use tracking technologies?
The Foundation uses tracking technologies such as cookies, IP Address or Log files, to gather certain information such as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP etc. for the purpose of improving the use and functionality of our Digital Media and to better understand how visitors utilise them and the tools and services being offered on them. Tracking technologies help us tailor our Digital Media to the users’ personal needs.
- An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify the user’s computer every time he/she log on to the Internet. We may keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to, among other things: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security, (iii) restrict access to our Digital Media to certain users, and (iv) better understand how our Digital Media are utilized.
- We (or third parties on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record our Digital Media activity and gather statistics about users' browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather, among other things, (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our Digital Media, and which pages they viewed on our Digital Media and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data. We also use information captured in log file for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user.
- For what purpose do we use the Personal Data?
- When registering or sign-up in our Digital Media: the Personal Data being provided is used to offer benefits and privileges that typically come along with registration e.g. the ability to receive the communications selected at the time of registration or that automatically come with registration (e.g. subscription to a newsletter, opening an account, participation in a sweepstake or contest, invitation to or attendance an event organized by the Foundation);
- When using the function “Send to a friend”: the Personal Data with respect to one-off functions (usually first and last name and e-mail address) is use on a one-off basis (to send information) and is not further stored by us;
- When using the QR Code provided on the Foundation’s promotional material: we use the Personal Data to provide the user with more information about the Foundation activities;
- Feedback, questions or comments through the contact form or the compliance reporting system (“Contact us”): if you contact us via an online contact form, the provided information is used to respond to your inquiry or comment.
In addition to the purpose for which the user submitted his/her Personal Data, he/she may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have his/her Personal Data used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that he/she requested. For example, if the user is signing up for a contest or other promotion, he/she may also be invited to sign up for newsletters or alerts from our Digital Media hosting the promotion or from other websites. Should the user choose to receive these additional services, we will use the Personal Data provided by him/her to render such services.
We may also use users’ personal and/or demographic information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve, personalize, and customize the products and services we offer to better meet users’ needs.
Subject to the applicable law requirement, this may include occasionally combining, updating or otherwise enhancing the Personal Data collected through our Digital Media with data we receive from outside records or third parties. For instance, we may combine purely demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests, etc.) not linked to any Personal Data about the user with the Personal Data collected in other cases (such as during account registration).
- What happens if the user does not wish to provide his/her Personal Data?
If the user chooses not to submit the Personal Data when requested, he/she may not be able to participate in certain activities and personalized features on our Digital Media, and it will limit the services and promotions being offered. For example, if the user refuses to share his/her e-mail address, the user will not be able to receive any of our newsletters or otherwise register on our Digital Media. However, to simply browse our Digital Media and learn more about the Foundation, the user does not need to give us his/her Personal Data.
- Who do we disclose the Personal Data to and why?
The Foundation will never share the user’s Personal Data with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless we have specifically informed the user and the user has given us specific permission to do this.
The Foundation may disclose the user’s Personal Data to third parties, but only in the following circumstances:
- We may use services of external service providers providing support in administering the Digital Media or carrying out activities for which the Personal Data is collected (e.g. when organising competitions and promotions). Each such service provider must at all times provide the same levels of security for the Personal Data as the Foundation, and the cooperation with it shall be based on a written agreement obliging the service provider to keep the Personal Data private and process it only for purposes of fulfilling the Foundation’s instructions.
- We may disclose the Personal Data to our partner or sponsor if we are involved in a joint or co-sponsored programme or promotion on our Digital Media together with a third party or any external organisation, within the framework of which we collect and process the Personal Data. Should the Personal Data be collected (or disclosed) by another entity or in favour of such entity as part of such promotion, we will notify the user of it when requesting the Personal Data.
Should the user not wish to collect his/her Personal Data or have it disclosed by the entity other than the Foundation or in favour of such entity, the user may decide not to do it when collecting his/her Personal Data / when being requested to provide it.
- We may disclose the Personal Data if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of the Foundation, its customers, or the public.
- We may share aggregated demographic or survey information with third parties, but this information is in anonymous form and does not include the Personal Data. The aggregate information that we share may include anonymous information that is captured through the use of the Cookies, as explained in Article 2 hereof.
- How long do we keep the Personal Data?
We may store the Personal Data provided to us via our Digital Media in our databases. We retain the Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to implement the objective for which the Personal Data was provided to us (e.g. if the user sent us his/her Personal Data to receive newsletters, such Personal Data will be processed as long as we offer sending newsletters).
Thus, we may retain the Personal Data for a reasonable period after the user stops using the Foundation services or our Digital Media. After this period, the Personal Data will be deleted from the Foundation systems. It may also be necessary to retain the Personal Data for a reasonable period and as long as necessary for the Foundation to fulfil the obligations imposed thereon by the provisions of law, settle disputes, enforce the implementation of an agreement and for similar purposes (e.g. to fulfil tax obligations, it may be necessary to retain the Personal Data provided for purposes of applying for a competition and delivering a prize after the competition ends).
After the lapse of the aforementioned period, the users’ Personal Data will be deleted from all the Foundation systems.
If we are requested to cease using the Personal Data to provide our services e.g. opt-out of receiving e-mails, please contact us as indicated in Article 8 hereof. We also kindly remind users that they are entitled to request their Personal Data to be deleted at any time, also in accordance with Article 8.
- How do we keep the Personal Data secure?
The Foundation takes all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the users’ Personal Data collected from this website or our applications. These efforts include, among other things, (i) storing the Personal Data in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized employees of the Foundation and service providers cooperating with us, with which relevant agreements obliging them to protect and keep personal data confidential were concluded, and (ii) verifying the identity of registered users before they are granted access to the Personal Data.
- How can the user access, modify or delete his/her Personal Data or object to its processing?
The user can access his/her Personal Data processed by us by contacting us at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us to express the following choices:
- You may request to correct your Personal Data should it be inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, or request its deletion.
- You also have the option not to share any of your Personal Data with us or to object to its processing by us for legitimate reasons. However, should this option be chosen, the user will be limited in some services we offer.
- If the user wishes to crease receiving newsletters, announcements or other communications or services through our Digital Media, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. Should such option be chosen and opted-in at a later time, please click the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications or contact us at the aforementioned e-mail address.
- Along with every communication sent by e-mail, we give the user the opportunity to discontinue receiving such communications in future (i.e. unsubscribe). To do so, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email or contact us at the aforementioned e-mail address.
In the aforementioned matters you may also contact us by writing to the address: Polish Vodka Foundation, ul. Złota 59, 00-120 Warszawa.
Should the user participate in the programme in which any third parties are involved and give his/her consent, as part of such programme, to receive in future communications directly from such third parties, to opt-out from receiving such information, the user is requested to contact such parties directly. This procedure may be described in privacy policies of such third parties.
- How do we treat children's information?
Since the Polish Vodka Museum is dedicated to adults, should you be a minor, please do not provide us with your personal data and leave this site.
Our Digital Media are not intended for children under the age of majority (“Minors”), so we do not knowingly collect personal information from the Minors. You must be at least eighteen years old to use this site (create an account, and engage in activities and use services offered by our Digital Media). If we are notified or learn that any Personal Data submitted to us through our Digital Media refers to any Minor, we will delete it immediately.
- Do we link to other third party websites?
Our Digital Media may contain links that will direct the user to other websites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We have no control over these third parties, and your use of their websites and features are subject to their privacy policies posted on those sites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or business practices of any third-party website. Therefore, the user should exercise caution and review the privacy policies applicable to the third-party websites the user visit before providing his/her Personal Data.
- How can the user contact us?
Last Update: [4 August 2017]